Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Afternoon Perfection.

There is probably no better way to spend a Friday afternoon alone, I would say. It's rather sunny outside, so perhaps a walk would be nice, but my feet are awfully sore after squeezing into my two-sizes-too-small electric blue heels for church this morning. So blogging it is :)

There are a few things I'd like to share. First off my list, I shall begin with my current wants:
1. Round white paper lanterns. The ones on a string with the little fairy lights in them. I've found the perfect pair at a store in my usual shopping centre. Super cute. I just have to convince myself that they're worth my $20.

2. Normal fairy lights- without the lanterns around them. And not the multi-coloured ones. These will be twisted around the frame of my bed, or hung off my ceiling. Also super cute. Possibly some in my shed from Christmas time. Or possibly not.

3. A vintage globe. In colour, but not super bright colours, because then they dont look as old-fashioned. Something about the earth and all the strange places and different cultures makes me so curious. Geography fascinates me.

4. Leather shorts. High waisted, and thigh/bum-flattering too, please. I have a tiny waist with not so tiny thighs, so maybe these will need to be tailor-made. I want leather shorts to go with my new (second-hand) powder blue pussy-bow blouse. It is love <3

5. More books, pretty photo frames, wallpaper, a chandelier, an oatmeal coloured shag mat, Viva La Juicy, and a Tiffany & Co tag ring. (I have far too many 'wants' so I decided to condense them all into number 5)

The reason why most of those things are more like interior decorations rather than wearable things is because since moving into my sisters (much larger) bedroom, I have taken up the enjoyable task of re-decorating. The added space makes for more creativity when designing and re-arranging. It's fun, and I'm halfway to done with my perfect bedroom.

So like, while I'm blogging, there's this nagging voice in my head. It's my voice, my nerdy-academically-focussed-pain-in-the-ass tpye of voice. It's reminding me of my art essay. I have five days to finish it. I have to analyse the Metamorphosis of Narcissus by Salvador Dali. If I disliked the painting before, I sure as hell hate the fuck out of it now. And I'm not even finished with the first section (which, mind you, has taken up a page and a quarter!). I keep telling myself I'll get to it tonight. Then tonight turns into tomorrow morning, and tomorrow turns into tomorrow afternoon, then tomorrow night, and then finally I'll do it the night before school commences again. That's generally how it goes.

Anyway, tomorrow is my little cousins first birthday. I'm totally jealous. I'm sixteen soon. I wish I was one! The parents are throwing him a party obviously. I'm pretty sure we got him a little shirt and some pants. He's the first and most probably the only child for my 40-something year old cousin and his wife, therefore he's been spoilt silly. He really doesn't need toys by this stage.
Point being, I shall be off now, to decide on my outfit for the party. I need to plan four outfits actually, so maybe I'll post some pics and keep you folks updated..

No comments:

Post a Comment