Thursday, March 29, 2012

MISSING: 'Hope'. Reward If Found.

It was a little something that had been escaping me,
The sound of it was fleeting and it's face I could not see.

I thought that it might be the winds that blew it far from me,
Perhaps the storms had shaken it and then caused it to flee.
Oh how I hate the storms and winds for taking it from me.

I searched for it in alley ways and in the deepest seas,
I looked for it in friendships- it was nowhere to be seen.
Where can I find that something that has been escaping me?

I read of it in holy books, they promised it would be
An ever-present comfort source in any time of need.
Why does it feel these holy books are telling lies to me?

Exhausted, I gave up my search and made a heartfelt plea,
For I was down and broken and lost from searching endlessly.
So I lay down and held my heart and whispered quietly:

In my darkest hour, will you come and rescue me?
I've searched for you with all my soul, your light I long to see.
Those people say I need you and I cannot disagree,
And those holy books, they promise that you'll never cease to be.
I need your arms to hold me up, your light to let me see.
So in my darkest hour, will you come and rescue me?
Oh in my darkest hour, will you come and rescue me?

No comments:

Post a Comment