Monday, July 2, 2012

Cough Syrups & Pills Are Making Up About 45% Of My Body Weight Right Now.

And I'm only slightly joking. I am so sick it's ridiculous. What's more ridiculous is how this illness came about. I believe it began with a tickle in my throat on Thursday night. Well, it developed over the weekend and now, lo and behold, I've been in bed for a good three quarters of this day, I've drugged myself up with every relevant medicine in the medicine box, and I've got a whole new set of abs from coughing so much.

A lovely start to the winter holidays, I dare say.

I really hate being sick. Everything aches and throbs and even making a cup of tea to soothe yourself takes effort. But enough of my whining. I intend on being better by tomorrow morning, and so I will not spend another second loathing my sick, sad existence.
Besides, I have things to do and plans to make.

Though it's absolutely of no concern to you, here's a list of the stuff I'm planning on doing:

  • Seeing those friends I never get to see: Karen, Kim, Brigitte and hopefully meeting my lovely new friend Meleonie. (Hello, if you're reading this Mel!)
  • Going to the Napoleon exhibition and Jewish Holocaust Museum with mum.
  • Having a movie night with all my best friends.
  • Sanding and painting my new dresser.
  • Adding more patches to my patchwork blanket.
  • Buying tickets to Gotye and Of Monsters & Men.
  • Going to the drive-in's. I dont know who I intend on taking with me. We'll see.
  • Op-shopping.
  • Using my Dymocks book voucher.
  • Putting more money towards my Mexico ticket.
  • And finally spending my birthday money on something for me. Something other than food.
If all goes to plan, I'll have accomplished every one of those dot points by the end of my two week break. If not, you'll know I remained sick the entire time..

No comments:

Post a Comment