Thursday, December 9, 2010

Like Alices' Mad Hatter, Such Are The Days of My Life.

When I meet God in heaven, I'm going to ask him why there are only twenty-four hours in a day. It's a beautiful world he's created, but really- only twenty-four hours in a day? How much is one supposed to accomplish in such little time?

I feel like that rabbit in Alice In Wonderland who was running down that rabbit hole with his little pocket watch. Everything is such a race these days, and there's no time of anything else! In fact, so true that is, that I'm squeezing in some blogging time in my science class. My teacher doesn't mind. She's using her computer too. Maybe she's blogging too.

How my hurried little heart yearns for the summer, where there is nothing to do but lounge and play as you please. Where one lazy warm day rolls right into the next, merely separated by a hot summery night. Where the only time you see teachers is at the shops, when they look like ordinary people, shopping for coffee and toilet paper like the rest of us.
When the only homework you do is counting how many flies you've whacked with the fly swatter, and how often you adjust the cooling system of your house.

But yesterday it rained so much that the garage flooded. Water started bubbling out of the drain instead of in, and I'm beginning to question this summers' intentions. Really, if you're only going to rain on us, please just roll on into autumn. I won't hate you for that long.

But until tomorrow afternoon, when 115 mentally and physically drained teenagers get their lives back, I should probably pay attention in class.

Maybe one day I'll need to know the molecular anatomy of an atom...

No comments:

Post a Comment