Friday, December 31, 2010

The Very Last Day of the Year.


Today is, as the title reads, the very last day of the year 2010. I'm not really celebrating as such, but I filled my day with enjoyable activities and tonight we're attending midnight service at church. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but I will say I'm pleased to be going to the house of the Lord on the very last day of what has been quite an overwhelming year. To thank Him for carrying me through what, like I said, was a very overwhelming year, and to pray for a much brighter, much more positive 2011, full of hope and, if I may ask for it, peace.
Tonight I will turn the page- no, I'll close the whole book- and start afresh on a new book, and on a new page.

2011 will be wonderful. Here's to new people, new relationships, new opportunities and new possibilities. Here's to fresh starts, fresh hope, miracles and happiness.
And here's to making everything already good, even better. Here's to better friendships, better relationships and better opportunities.
And, because of all of that- better happiness.

Oh yes. Tonight when the clock strikes 12 o'clock, I'm going to shut my eyes and brace myself for this whirlwind year ahead.
Oh yes, bring on 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment