Saturday, December 31, 2011

3 Hours To Go..

It's 9:00pm right now, on the 31st of December, and the year is slowly ending on this side of the world.
Most of this year has crept past me without a sound, and quite frankly I'm ready to treat New Years Eve the same.
I'm just going to let it roll on.

And when I wake up tomorrow morning on the 1st of January 2012, everything will be exactly as it was yesterday, save for the new date.
But at the same time, everything will be completely changed. 2012 will be a fresh year, my blank canvas of life. An official brand new start. That's all I want.

Last year I blogged about not only turning the page, but opening an entirely new book for the new year. And that's what I'll do again this year. As the genius of Foster The People once sung ''How long, I say, how long will you re-live the things that are gone? Now the devil's on your back but I know you can shake him off."
There is so much relevance and so much truth to that. Blind yourself to the things of the past, and see only the hope and possibility of the future.

It is done, and it is over. Embrace what is new.

So the year has moved past me, and I'm willingly going to let the very last few hours do the same. I don't feel like celebrating. Perhaps it could be because of my irritating cold on a summer's day, or maybe it's something a little deeper than that. I don't know yet. What I know is that I'm just waiting ever so patiently and eagerly for the new year to arrive.

Hurry up new year, I'm going to make you wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment