Friday, November 30, 2012

Well, Whaddaya Know?

Bloggers!

How lovely it is when someone thinks of you when they feel an opportunity rise; I have been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award- a little something to help the unheard-of bloggers get recognised. The nominated blogger needs to post eleven facts about themselves, answer the eleven questions the nominator has set for them, while also creating eleven more questions for the bloggers they will nominate, and going ahead and nominating those five more blog lovin' folks.

So here goes- eleven random facts about me:


  • I have a mild obsessive-compulsive habit that requires me to ensure my bin is perfectly in the corner of my room before I sleep, and also to make sure that my toothbrush is completely dry before I put it away after brushing my teeth. Don't ask.
  • I can't eat a muesli bar or a bar of any sort unless I take it right out of the wrapper.
  • I'm afraid of moths, things with sharp blades that rotate very quicky (like lawn mowers and blenders), the dark and falling in love.
  • I have a rabbit that likes peanut butter and enjoys hanging out with birds.
  • I am a compulsive over-thinker.
  • I adore people. Any people. Strangers, even.
  • I sing to myself when I'm in the dark (because I'm scared of the dark, remember?) to try to comfort myself until I can turn on a light.
  • I love baking and decorating cupcakes.
  • Tea, reading, writing and prayer are my cures for everything. 
  • I absolutely hate sultanas. Bleugh. *gags*
  • I have an irregular heart beat that will occasionally speed up and make it hard for me to breathe. Not fun.
And to answer the questions I was assigned:
  1. If you could learn another language, which would it be? Why?
  2. Do you prefer the city or the country? 
  3. What is your passion in life?
  4. Do you believe in love at first sight?
  5. Most embarrassing moment?
  6. What's something you'd like to achieve by the end of 2012?
  7. What do you look for in a friendship?
  8. 5 Guilty pleasures?
  9. If you could have a beautiful apartment, which city would it be in?
  10. Is there a celebrity who drives you nuts? (in a bad way)
  11. What was your last dream about?
1. If I could learn another language, it would surely be French. Or Swedish. Swedish is fun and much easier than French, but French is oh-so-beautiful. 

2. I like the city and the country, but if I had to choose, I would probably pick city. I love the lights and the people and the excitement. 

3. People and writing, and they interrelate. I want to write because I adore writing. I love letters and words and the feelings and emotions you can evoke through stringing a few letters together to form a word, and a few words together to form a sentence. I love that words can heal or hurt or inspire or break down. There is so much power in language and writing. I want to be the writer that revolutionises the way the world reads, and I want to inspire people and make people fall in love with literature again. But then I also want to work with people, and build charities that address issues that are often neglected, and meet people and build relationships. Blah blah blah.

4. I would like to believe in love at first sight, but I don't think I do. I think you can be attracted to a person at first sight for one reason, but then fall in love with them for a million and one other reasons. I'm far too skeptical. I personally need to know a person to fall in love with them, because you fall in love with someones soul, and things like souls aren't ever out there on display.

5. Filming an absolutely rubbish segment for a TV show, walking out of the bathroom with my dress tucked into my underwear, flashing my bosom to a poor boy at school, falling over in public, getting tongue-tied during public speeches, oh the list goes on.

6. The end of 2012? That's more or less now. Nevertheless, by the end of the year, I would like to have saved up enough to steadily support myself for the upcoming school year and support the little kiddo I plan on sponsoring through World Vision. That, and getting fit. And getting my holiday homework done. Ugh.

7. Funny you ask- in a friendship, I look for integrity, acceptance, respect, excitement, trust, faithfulness and compassion. 

8. Oooh, five guilty pleasures? Chocolate, 80's music, any cheesy rom-com with Drew Barrymore, opshopping (that's hardly guilty- it's an opshop, come on) and Double Choc Fudge McFlurries. Or churros.

9. If I could have a beautiful apartment, it would probably be in New York. Milan or Paris would also be amazing, but then again, there's no place like Melbourne.

10. Yes, Kim Kardashian. I hate her with an irrational, illogical passion and I wish she would drop dead right this instance. I don't even want to start on why I despise her so much, but just trust me- I do. 

11. My last dream was rather bizzare... I was on a bus on the way to a school camp, yet we stopped off during the night, at some dingy little petrol station where a friend of mine was working (mind you, she is NOT the girl you'd find working in a petrol station). For some reason I was trying to find condoms that eventually morphed into water balloons. Don't ask. I don't even know. 

Now, stay tuned while I think up some Q's to ask the next folk I nominate.

Much love, x

No comments:

Post a Comment