Saturday, June 4, 2011

(Bitter)sweet sixteen.

Oh bloggers, I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. May was such a hectic, chaotic month- there was literally zero time for blogging, much to my despair.

I spent much of the time, battling cold weather and homework that was determined to slow me down, trying to plan my 'sweet 16th'. Multiple shopping trips resulted in me finally getting everything I needed, including items for the candy bar (yes, I had a candy bar!).

Other than that, I experienced my first chocolate pizza at Max Brennar with a group of girlfriends, and dined out at an Italian restaurant for a friends birthday. Mother's Day lunch earlier in the month saw me stuff myself with cakes and slices, and therefore ruin my birthday diet.
On the 25th, which was my actual birthday, I was surrounded by friends at my favourite Italian restaurant (which was also the restaurant my friend had her dinner at) to celebrate. My close friends brother is a waiter, and provided me with complimentary mocktails and a slice of berry cheesecake- also complimentary. Considering I was sixteen that day and it was a whole new age, I decided to try the blue cheese and walnut gnocchi. It did not disappoint. At all.
There was also a protest/meeting at Springvale Council Hall for our church. Apparently there's going to be a supermarket built nearby, which would affect our carpark, especially on Sunday mornings. Chances are, since our church stands as the minority, the supermarket will win. But, we have God on our side, so really, we aren't the minority. They are.
Throughout the whole month, I spent every spare second of mine either resting, or trying to finish my letter to my dear penpal in Mexico. Cris, if you're reading this, please don't hate me! I haven't forgotten about you whatsoever. It's just a crazy life I live.. hence why I still haven't posted your letter..

I won't say too much about my birthday party. Let's just say I had very high expectations of how it would go, and I psyched myself up for the best night of the year. It did NOT go that way. In fact, quite literally everything went wrong, and I was terribly shitty for most of the night. But I try to remember the good bits, and come to think of it, there were a good few. The cake made up about 60% of the goodness of my night; not to mention the fact that it lasted for several days after.
At least I look happy in the photos.

Well it's June now, in fact it's four days into June. Surprsingly- actually no, not surprisingly since I live in Melbourne- the first official day of Winter was approximately 70% warmer, sunnier and cheerier than the whole of Autumn. Put together. In the four days of Winter that we've had, only one (being yesterday) was rainy and dreary. If Winter keeps up like this, I can only imagine how beautiful Spring will be.

You'll be hearing from me soon. X

No comments:

Post a Comment