Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lazy Little Winter Days.

This morning, after pursuing a rather decent nights sleep, I was rudely awoken by a text message from a school friend, that read:

I know it's none of my business, but why did you break up with Cody?

What the hell?
First of all, you're exactly right- it isn't any of your business. You just contradicted yourself by saying that, and then continuing to ask the question, that- let me remind you- was of no relevance to you.
Secondly, what the hell persuaded you to text me, asking me that completely random question at 9:00am on an average Thursday morning? Like, dude.. why weren't you sleeping? I was. (Emphasis on was.)
Thirdly, Cody and I were never even together. We just had a little thing going on, and it was no where near a relationship, FYI. Pretty sure I never even held the guys hand, let alone kissed him or anything along those lines.

I could go on, but I wont. Needless to say, I'm not replying to your text message. I'm just bewildered as to why you would ask me that at the most ungodly holiday hour of 9 o'clock, why you'd want to know in the first place, and why you'd even consider me telling you.
I'm pretty sure Cody doesn't care. How come you do?

Nevermind, that just made for a rather interesting start to my day. In fact, I was almost glad to have been woken up by something at least, else I would have been late to meet my girlfriends for a day out shopping. I was supposed to meet my bestfriend at her house at 11:00am.
It's 11:00am right now.
And I'm sitting here, on my bed in my jammies, surrounded by tissues and looking much like some kind of hobbit/troll/Gollum-like creature.
Yes, I am sick. No shopping for me.
I woke up feeling like someone had hit me across the head with a piece of wood, and sounding like a dying frog. Occasionally, when I get sick, I end up with this husky, almost sexy kind of voice.
That has not happened this time. I, like I said, sound like a dying frog.

So this is my excuse for a nice little lazy day. Not too much phsyical (or mental) exertion, plenty of cups of tea, some Angus and Julia Stone and maybe, just maaaaybe some English and literature homework, but ONLY because I like those subjects. No maths or forensic science.. not today.

Ah, here's to guilt-free lazy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment