Sunday, July 3, 2011

Take Away Their Little Tears.

I was looking at a friends Tumblr just now, and I came across a heading that said something like 'If this doesn't get a million reblogs, I dont know what Tumblr is useful for.'
I thought it would be some hilariously funny clip or photo, or maybe a really beautiful dress or something. Something people would want to see.

But I am so deeply affected by what I just saw, that it made me want to slam my laptop shut and cry.
It was a dog, a beautiful little dog, breed unknown. It was lying on it's side and the photo was mainly of it's face. You could see its neck, and there seemed to be a huge cut in it. A chunk was taken out of it, and it was bloody and raw. At first I thought it was a poor little thing about to be operated on in a vet clinic. Then I saw the pair of ordinary scissors in the background. It didn't look like a vet clinic.

And the most heartbreaking thing was the creature was looking right into my very eyes, with a single tear weeping from its own.
It was crying.

I stared at it for a few seconds, before I couldn't take it anymore. I scrolled up, exited her Tumblr, and then decided I had to share my prayer.

Dear God,
Father in Heaven, I don't know why or how people could be so cruel and heartless and evil to inflict such pain and torture on your beautiful, harmless creatures. Lord God, it pains me to even think of these poor little animals subjected to this, without being able to defend themselves, Father.
Lord Jesus, see an end to this. Please see the end to all animal cruelty, all torture and ill-treatment. Let it not even occur anymore, Father, it's sickening.
If I could take all the animals in the world, all the sick, neglected, homeless ones, and the tortured ones, Lord Jesus, I wouldn't even think twice. But they're in your care Father, please look after them.
If they're going to be killed by some heartless monster of a human being, then Lord, please let it be quick. And look after them for all eternity with you in Heaven.
Lord Jesus, I hope all the people who inflict these cruelties will see justice. These people are not even worthy of the air to breathe, Father, and that is simply how I feel. I trust that you work your holy will, and deal with them accordingly. If it were left to me, I'd have them skinned alive, and burnt on a flaming stake. It infuriates me.
Thank you for listening. Please answer my prayer.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment