Friday, August 6, 2010

To Be Or Not To Be? - Isn't that always the question?

I think I set myself too many goals. Maybe I'm just an ambitious person, but I think there's a point where I need to say, 'Enough is enough, let's accomplish what I've already aimed for, before I decide to conquer the world, eh?'

I'm think that time is now.

My goals are strategically placed in order, ranging from the ones that need to be accomplished rather soon, and the ones that can wait, or that I allow myself to tackle bit by bit, like how a bird half-heartedly pokes at the ground sometimes.
That doesn't sound too bad, considering they're in order of importance and what not, but believe me- there are many.

I set some goals for the holidays, and accomplished neither of the four. I did work at them, but could I happily tick them off at the end of my two week break? No.
Yet again, just this afternoon, I set myself another goal. Or would it be another eight goals? Well, you see, it's just that I have a lot of homework that needs doing, and no matter how much I beg or plead, it doesn't want to do itself. Homework and I have a love/hate relationship.
So, I set myself the large and possibly impossible goal of finishing a combination of maths, science, history, english and photography homework by Tuesday. Its Friday afternoon now, and let me tell you, I'm beginning to doubt myself already.

A few more, rather exicting goals include buying myself a MacBook by December, growing out my choppy pixie-cut into a long and flowy 70's wave, throwing on a few piercings to jazz up my appearance, completing that blanket and that scarf I began knitting so long ago, not to mention getting a move on with all those scarves I promised to knit for friends of mine, investing in a beautiful digital SLR hopefully by next Autumn, and getting at least halfway through the novel I'm writing.

Yes, I am rather ambitious aren't I?

But something that came to mind the other day, seemed so ambitious that it just about set itself apart from every other goal of mine.
I decided I might like to become a Youth Ambassador.

Now I don't know if I have 100% faith in myself, but the idea is growing on me more and more each day.
Occasionally, I'll think of how impossible it would be, what with my other bundle of goals growing steadily too; but this one seems really worthwile.

So to be, or not to be? It's the question that's been on my mind for quite some time now, and it's my question to you now.
Email me. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment