Friday, August 12, 2011

Happily Never After?

I'm becoming increasingly concerned with the amount of romantic comedies I've been watching over the course of my recovery period. And the fact that I have the itch to watch even more.
So far, whilst being in bed looking like Kermit the Frog, I've watched Love Actually and What Happens In Vegas, and one third of A Cinderella Story. No doubt I'll finish watching the latter some time this evening.
And maybe I'll even start watching Juno later tonight.

I'm not quite sure what it is with me and love stories lately. Watching people find each other, and fall in love and be happy seems to make me happy. But then the fact that I'm sourcing my happiness from other peoples love is kind of depressing, come to think of it.

When I was little, I used to always fantasise about finding my one true love, and having a pretty wedding and being happily married until we died. I'd watch Disney fairytales and hope that one I'd have something like that. Of course I knew there would never be cute, animated talking animals or perfectly appropriate music playing during a kiss, but some kind of happy ending would suffice.

Sadly now I'm sixteen, still watching Disney movies and rom-coms and still secretly hoping for a happily ever after.

Ugh, what a hilariously pitiful existence I maintain..

No comments:

Post a Comment